XXI INTERNATIONAL CHESS OPEN
"LA POBLA DE LILLET"
1. The tournament will be played according to Swiss System from 2 to 10 August 2011. It will consist on 9 rounds according to the following schedule :
1st to 8th rounds 16.30 hours.
9th round 10.00 hours.
It will take place on the premises of “Saló La Flor” at 11, Ripoll’s Road.
2. The time control will be 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30 minutes with 30 seconds cumulative increment for each move starting from first move. Clocks will be started punctually and any player not presented after one hour since the beginning of the match, will not score.
3. The starting rank will be done, respectively, according evaluation from above to below between known ratings of
· FIDE Rating
· National or Regional Rating
4. Two successive defaults of a player or any without justification will cause his elimination from the tournament. The organisers are authorized to eliminate a player absent for the first round.
5. All complaints have to be made in writing to the arbiter within 1/2 hour after the end of the session during which the dispute took place. His decision in all matters is final.
6. Mobile phones or other electronic devices are strictly forbidden when games are in progress. They must be switched off. If a player’s mobile phone rings in the playing venue, the player will lose the game.
7. Pairings will be made according to Swiss manager program, and it will be displayed in the tournament hall. The pairings for the first round will be notified at 11,30 h. am of day, 2.
8. The Registration should be filled and the fee paid to the Organisers before the commencement of the first round or at least before it is over. A player who doesn’t comply with this requirement is liable to lose his entry.
9. Tie-breaks for determining the final ranking order will be resolved according to the following options:
· Total corrected Bucholz (*)
· Brazilian corrected Bucholz (*) excepting the player with the lowest number of points (worst rival)
· Accumulative – Progressive system
(*) In this way, not played games will be consider as draw
The order of these options will be decided by means of a draw decided immediately before to finish the last round.
10. List of Prizes:
1st 1.200 € + Trophy
2nd 800 € + Trophy
3rd 600 € + Trophy
4th 450 €
5th 350 €
6th 300 €
7th 250 €
8th 200 €
9th 150 €
10th 100 €
1st Elo 2300 to 2399 100 €
1st Elo 2150 to 2299 90 €
1st Elo 2000 to 2149 75 €
1st Elo 1850 to 1999 60 €
1st Elo under 1849 50 €
1st Elo under 1699 40 €
Second classified of each category: 50, 40, 30, 25, 20 and 20 €, respectively
1st Woman classified Trophy
1st Best Veteran (+ 60 years) Trophy
1st Youth - 16 years Trophy
1st Member “Club d´escacs Lillet” Trophy
· Cash prizes will not be accumulative or divisible. Trophies- In case a player has right to more than one trophy, he will receive all of them. Prizes are cash-free, without any part withheld for the player.
· For the special prizes by ELO sections, ELO FIDE will be considered in first term, and in its lack, Catalan or FEDA, respectively.
11. The Tournament will be conducted according this Rules, General Chess Rules and for the present FIDE Laws.
12. The Tournament is valid for the calculation of FIDE, FEDA and FCE ELO ratings as well as for obtaining GM, IM and Catalan Norms.
13. The Organization has the right to modify any point of these rules.
14. The participation in the Tournament implies the total knowledge and acceptance of the same ones.
Players among 16 and 59 years 30 €
Players under 16 years 20 €
Above 60 years players 20 €
Costs are free for GM’s, IM’s, and players with equal or higher 2350 FIDE Elo.
Tournament Director: on fixing
Chief Arbiter: IA Enio Bello ( Cuba )
La Pobla de Lillet, July 1, 2010.
Web page ( only in Catalan ): http://nova.celillet.net/
You can choose between:
Josep Salvador Casals: 630625152
Joan Barnola: 608095814
Alexandre Melchor: 934736408 (en )
General Soler: 938236002 ( fr )