XIX INTERNATIONAL CHESS OPEN
Tournament Rules and Prizes
1st to 8th rounds 16.30 hours.
It will take place on the premises of “Saló La Flor”, Ripoll’s Road 11.
2. The time limit will be 90 minutes / player + 30 seconds / move for all the game. Clocks will be started punctually and any player not presented after one hour since the beginning of the match, will not score
3. The starting rank will be done according objective valuation from above to below between known ratings of
• FIDE Rating
4. Two successive defaults of a player or any without justification will cause his elimination from the tournament. The organisers are authorized to eliminate a player absent for the first round.
5. An Appeals Committee will be chosen during the course of the first round by the Arbiter and Tournament Director. It will consist by five players, two of whom will act as substitutes in case of any dispute involving a member of the entitled come up.
The Appeals Committee will consist of:
a) Three titled players and two reserves.
6. All complaints have to be made in writing to the Appeals Committee within one hour after the end of the session during which the dispute took place. The decision of the Committee in all matters is final.
7. Mobile phones or other electronic devices which can disturb players are strictly forbidden when games are in progress. Mobile phones must be switched off. If a player’s mobile phone rings in the playing venue during the play, that player can lose the game.
8. Pairings will be made according to Swiss manager program, and it will be displayed in the tournament hall. The pairings for the first round will be notified during the Opening Ceremony of the Tournament.
9. The Registration should be filled and the fee paid to the Organisers before the commencement of the first round or at least before it is over. A player who doesn’t comply with this requirement is liable to lose his entry.
10. Tie-breaks for determining the final ranking
order will be resolved according to the following options:
(*) In this way, not played games will be consider as draw
The order of these options will be decided by means of a draw decided immediately before to finish the last round.
11. List of Prizes:
1st 1.200 € + Trophy
1st Elo 2300 to 2399 100 €
1st Woman classified Trophy
12. The Tournament will be conducted according this Rules, General Chess Rules and for the present FIDE Laws.
13. The Tournament is valid for the calculation of ELO FIDE, FEDA, FCE ratings as well as for obtaining Norms of GM and IM
14. The Organization has the right to modify any point of these rules.
15. The participation in the Tournament implies
the total knowledge and acceptance of the same ones.
Players among 16 and 59 years 30 €
Costs are free for GMs, IM’s, and players with ELO equal or
higher 2350 FIDE.
Tournament Director: Joan Barnola Espelt
La Pobla de Lillet, July 1, 2009.
Podeu apuntar-vos al torneig mitjançant:
a) Correu electrònic
Josep Salvador Casals: 630625152
Joan Barnola: 608095814
Alejandro Melchor: 934736408
General Soler: 938236002